These zesty orange vegan crêpes are guaranteed to put a spring in your step in the morning!
Zesty orange vegan crêpes
Serves: 3 | Prep time: 25 minutes
- 125g plain flour
- 2 Tbsp soya flour
- Pinch ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- 400ml Provamel Soya Unsweetened drink
- 2 Tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 2 oranges
- 75 ml agave syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- Additional oil for frying
- Whisk together the flours, turmeric, salt and Provamel Soya Unsweetened until a smooth batter is formed. Stir in the oil.
- Use the mixture to prepare thin crepes in a hot lightly oiled frying pan. Keep them warm in a low oven.
- Peel the oranges, segments and remove the membrane before cutting into chunks.
- In a small pan, bring the agave syrup and lemon juice to the boil. Remove from heat and add the orange chunks.
- To serve: place a crepe on a plate, add a couple of spoonfuls of the orange sauce in the middle and fold the crepe over. Serve warm.
The batter and the orange sauce can be prepared the evening before and then re-heated before serving.