Summer means barbecue season, and Violife, the leading vegan alternative to cheese brand, shares its delicious recipe for a Mediterranean Style Burger. Featuring the tangy Violife Mediterranean Style Grill Me!, this recipe is perfect for outdoor dining in the sunshine.
Prep time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
- 200g Violife Mediterranean Style Grill Me! block
- 1 courgette, ribboned
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 burger buns
- Vegan chilli mayonnaise
- 1 large tomato cut into slices
- A handful of rocket leaves
- Vegetable crisps, to serve
- Ribbon the courgette, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a bowl drizzle the Portobello mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the bbq for 5 minutes, then flip over and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the Violife Mediterranean Style Grill Me! to the barbecue and cook on both sides for 5 minutes each. Sprinkle with sesame and set aside.
- Place the burger buns flat side down on the bbq and grill for 2 minutes, until toasted.
- To assemble the burgers, spread the bottom bun with vegan chili mayonnaise, top with rocket leaves, zucchini ribbons, Portobello mushroom, Violife Mediterranean Style Grill Me! and tomato. Close with the top bun.
- Serve while still hot with some crisps on the side!
Looking for more epic plant-based burgers for your summer BBQ?
Try these incredible vegan burger recipes!