White Chocolate Tarts with Raspberries
These fresh and fruity vegan white chocolate tarts with a smooth white chocolate filling and fresh raspberries are perfect for vegan dinner parties.
The vegan tartlets are filled with the luxurious combination of vegan white chocolate and raspberries to make a sweet and opulent vegan dessert.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Our vegan white chocolate tarts will satisfy your vegan and non-vegan guests. The tangy raspberries work particularly well in combination with the sweet vegan white chocolate, but you can also use other fruits: blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries would also be delicious.
Both the vegan pastry and the white chocolate filling can be prepared beforehand and refrigerated to save time. Then you can add the berries just before serving and dust with icing sugar.
If you can’t get your hands on white chocolate don’t worry because this sweet vegan tart recipe works just as well with dark chocolate.
Total Time: 30 minuites
Prep Time: 20 minutess, plus chilling
Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minuites
- For the pastry:
- vegan egg replacer, equivalent to 2 eggs
- 25 25 grams plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 5 5 grams icing sugar
- 0.25 0.25 tsp xanthan gum pinch of salt
- 14.166666666667 14.166666666667 grams vegan margarine
- For the filling:
- 9.1666666666667 9.1666666666667 grams vegan margarine
- 6.6666666666667 6.6666666666667 grams caster sugar
- 0.16666666666667 0.16666666666667 tbsp cornflour
- 54.166666666667 54.166666666667 ml soya milk
- 9.1666666666667 9.1666666666667 grams vegan white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 0.16666666666667 0.16666666666667 tsp vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- 9.1666666666667 9.1666666666667 grams raspberries
- icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make the pastry, make up the egg replacer in a small bowl according to the packet instructions and beat it with a fork for a minute until bubbly. Put the flour, icing sugar, xanthan gum and salt into a large mixing bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon. Rub in the margarine with your fingertips. Stir in the egg replacer and use your hands to bring the mixture together in a soft ball.
- Transfer the pastry to a lightly floured work surface and cut it into six equal pieces. Roll each piece out to line six shallow 10-cm/4-inch round, loose-based individual tartlet tins.
- Bake the tartlet cases in the preheated oven for 7–10 minutes, or until just firm but not browning, then set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, put the margarine and sugar into a small saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until the margarine has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Put the cornflour into a small bowl and mix to a smooth paste with a little of the soya milk. Add the chocolate to the saucepan with the remaining soya milk. Heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate has melted. Take the saucepan off the heat, add the cornflour paste and vanilla and beat with a whisk for 1 minute, or until the mixture is thick and smooth. Spoon the filling into the pastry cases and leave to cool, then transfer to a refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, cut the raspberries in half and arrange them on top of the tartlets. Dust with a little icing sugar, if desired.
Want to use your vegan white chocolate in another recipe?
Try this recipe for Gluten Free and Vegan Brownies with White Chocolate and Tofu