These crunchy, buttery cookies have the most delicious caramel flavour, and are jam-packed with chunks of vegan white chocolate, making them the perfect indulgent treat to enjoy with a cup of tea. These vegan white chocolate speculoos cookies are also gluten-free, but if you don’t have gluten-sensitivity feel free to swap the buckwheat flour and gluten-free oats for plain wheat flour and regular oats instead.
Vegan white chocolate speculoos cookies
- 80g oats
- 80g buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 30g cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 20g white chocolate chunks (our favourite brand is iChoc)
- 130g speculoos butter spread
- 20g coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place the oats in your food processor and blend until finely ground.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oats, buckwheat flour, baking powder, cane sugar, salt, then the white chocolate chunks.
- Add in the Speculoos spread butter, coconut oil, and mix with your hands until it forms a smooth dough.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking tray and pat it slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until they turn a lovely golden brown. Do not worry if your cookies come out of the oven soft, they will harden as they cool. Wait 5 minutes and place on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- these cookies will keep for up to 1 week in a cookie jar.