These crunchy, buttery cookies have the most delicious caramel flavour, and are jam-packed with chunks of vegan white chocolate, making them the perfect indulgent treat to enjoy with a cup of tea. These vegan white chocolate speculoos cookies are also gluten-free, but if you don’t have gluten-sensitivity feel free to swap the buckwheat flour and gluten-free oats for plain wheat flour and regular oats instead.
Vegan white chocolate speculoos cookies
Recipe by Mimie (www.mimiesdelicacies.com)
- 80g oats
- 80g buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 30g cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 20g white chocolate chunks (our favourite brand is iChoc)
- 130g speculoos butter spread
- 20g coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place the oats in your food processor and blend until finely ground.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oats, buckwheat flour, baking powder, cane sugar, salt, then the white chocolate chunks.
- Add in the Speculoos spread butter, coconut oil, and mix with your hands until it forms a smooth dough.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking tray and pat it slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until they turn a lovely golden brown. Do not worry if your cookies come out of the oven soft, they will harden as they cool. Wait 5 minutes and place on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- these cookies will keep for up to 1 week in a cookie jar.
This article contains affiliate links.
About the author
Hi, I’m Mimie (nickname given to me by my dad)! I am a French girl living in London and with Mimie’s Delicacies I want to share my love for baking, or more precisely my love for baking French Vegan Desserts! I wanted to create vegan recipes because I believe that if baking made me feel good inside it should also make me feel good on the outside, be better for my health, good for the environment and the animals too!