Vegan Wellington with Quorn Pieces
This tasty Vegan Wellington made with Quorn Vegan Pieces and packed with seasonal flavours is a delicious festive dish that is a real crowd-pleaser.
- 35 35 g Quorn Vegan Pieces
- 0.125 0.125 Vegetable stock cube
- 12.5 12.5 ml Boiling water
- 0.125 0.125 Red onion (quartered)
- 0.04125 0.04125 Butternut squash (peeled and cut into bite size pieces)
- 0.5 0.5 Garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp Olive oil
- 0.125 0.125 Tbsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 12.5 12.5 g Cooked puy lentils
- 12.5 12.5 g Fresh kale (destemmed)
- 12.5 12.5 g Whole cooked chestnuts
- 0.125 0.125 Pack of ready rolled vegan puff pastry
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp Almond or soya milk for brushing pastry
- 0.0625 0.0625 Lemon (juiced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by mixing the stock cube into the boiling water and stirring through the Quorn Vegan Pieces. Store in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C. In a roasting tray, place onion, squash and garlic with 2tbsp olive oil, thyme leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 25-30 mins until tender, but not mushy. Remove from oven, take out the garlic cloves and put them to one side. Add the lentils. Leave to cool.
- Cook the Quorn Vegan Pieces by frying them in a pan, with a dash of oil, for 8-10 mins.
- Steam the kale for about 5 mins until it starts to wilt. Squeeze all the water from the kale and then place in a food processor along with the reserved garlic cloves, chestnuts, lemon juice and the remaining oil. Blitz until you get a pesto-like consistency and season to taste.
- On a lightly floured surface, unravel the sheet of puff pastry. Start by spreading the kale pesto along the middle, followed by the roasted vegetables, lentils and Quorn Vegan Pieces. Brush all the edges with some almond/soya milk then fold over the ends. Carefully roll the pastry lengthways to completely encase the filling in a roll.
- Brush the top of the wellington with some more almond/soya milk and bake for 30 mins until golden and flaky. Serve with vegan gravy and vegetables.
This article contains affiliate links.