Vegan Turkey Wellington With Walnut Gravy
If you are looking for an easy vegan Christmas dinner, look no further than this impressive vegan turkey wellington recipe.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
- Step 1 - vegan turkey:
- 50 50 g extra firm tofu
- 50 50 g jackfruit in water
- 1 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Step 2 - vegan turkey:
- 20 20 g plain flour
- 1.25 1.25 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 0.375 0.375 tsp celery salt
- 0.25 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- 0.25 0.25 tsp onion powder
- Cracked black pepper
- Step 3 - vegan turkey:
- 0.25 0.25 pack of vegan puff pastry
- Cranberry sauce
- Step 4 - Walnut gravy:
- 18.75 18.75 g walnuts
- 30 30 ml water
- 0.625 0.625 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 0.625 0.625 Tbsp soy sauce (unsweetened)
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.125 0.125 tsp miso paste
- 0.075 0.075 tsp garlic powder
- 0.075 0.075 tsp onion powder
- 0.075 0.075 tsp smoked paprika
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 200C (390F).
- Roughly chop up the tofu and the jackfruit and add to a food processor together with 4-5 tbsp olive oil. Process until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to a large bowl together with all other ingredients from step 1. Mix together well until you get a nice smooth vegan turkey filling.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper and roll into a tube-like shape (just a bit shorter than a puff pastry sheet).
- Roll out a puff pastry sheet (ideally the sheet should be at room temperature). Then cover the middle with cranberry sauce. Place the vegan turkey filling in the middle and fold over the bottom and top and push down the overlapping sheets stick together and don’t open when baked. Fold in the ends and finally pat down the overlapping sheets with your finger.
- Bake in the oven for 25 min.
- While the vegan turkey Wellington is baking make the walnut gravy. Place all ingredients from step 4 into a blender and blend until you get a nice smooth consistency.
- Finally take the Wellington out of the oven and cut into slices to serve. Warm up the walnut gravy and pour over the slices. Serve with cranberry sauce on the side. Enjoy!