Vegan Crunchy Thai Noodle Salad Recipe
This vegan Thai noodle salad recipe is made up of crisp and crunchy vegetables, Thai noodles and fragrant herbs. Yum!
The dressing is a combination of salty, sweet and sour flavours that make a delightful coating that brings the vegan Thai noodle salad together.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
As you can see, the main bulk of the preparation for this vegan salad recipe is with the chopping of the vegetables.
We’d recommend that, because the vegan Thai noodle salad uses raw vegetables, it’s best to use vegetables at their freshest and most flavoursome.
Our vegan noodle salad recipe uses cashew nuts, but you could also use peanuts to add texture and protein.
You can serve the vegan salad with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. If you want to use this salad as a base for your vegan dinner, you can top the vegan Thai noodle salad with baked tofu. We think our maple-glazed tofu goes particularly well with this Thai noodle salad recipe.
A bright and colourful summery salad with lots of different textures and crunch! Eating raw food can be beneficial as some nutrients are lost in cooking. However, not all foods are digestible when raw, so try to maintain a good balance of both.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 50 50 grams vermicelli noodles
- 100 100 grams canned butter beans
- 0.25 0.25 large carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 0.25 0.25 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 13.75 13.75 grams mangetout, shredded
- 0.0625 0.0625 cucumber, cut into julienne strips
- 13.75 13.75 grams baby corn, halved lengthways
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp cashew nuts
- 17.5 17.5 grams beansprouts
- large handful of fresh mint leaves
- large handful of coriander leaves
- large handful of Thai basil leaves
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- For the dressing:
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 0.5 limes (juice of)
- 0.25 0.25 garlic clove, crushed
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and place in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, put the sugar, soy sauce and lime juice into a jug and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the garlic.
- Drain the butter beans. Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the toasted sesame seeds to the noodles, pour in the dressing
and toss together well.
- Serve in four bowls, sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
Want something sweet to enjoy after your meal?
Try this easy vegan Biscoff cheesecake recipe.