Teriyaki Shiitake Bowl
If you like salty and sweet meaty meals without animal cruelty then you’ll love this vegan teriyaki shiitake bowl.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
- 1 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 2 2 Tbsp soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 2 Tbsp Mikawa Mirin
- 1 1 Tbsp saké
- 2 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 0.5 0.5 clove garlic, minced
- 0.5 0.5 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus more to stir-fry the veg
- Selection of your favourite stir-fried vegetables (I used sliced sprouts and calvero nero kale)
- Udon noodles (use rice noodles for gluten-free)
- Whisk together the agave, soy sauce, mirin, sake and the ginger and garlic in a mixing bowl and toss through the sliced shiitakes.
- Cover with cling film and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir fry vegetables of your choice to your liking in a wok and cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Use the same wok you used for the veg and heat the vegetable oil in it, then chuck in the marinated shiitakes and cook until sticky and delicious, which takes approx. 10 minutes.
Love mushrooms? You need to make this vegan portobello mushroom gyros recipe.