Sweet Potato Burgers
This flavourful vegan sweet potato burger recipe is packed with delicious spices and is ready to eat in just 30 minutes! Topped with avocado, vegan mayo, red onion, and spicy Kimchi, they are the perfect combination of savoury and spicy.
- 43.75 43.75 g mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 0.25 0.25 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 22.5 22.5 g panko bread crumbs
- 0.25 0.25 tsp fresh grated ginger (or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 0.125 0.125 tsp garlic powder
- 3.75 3.75 g diced cilantro
- 6.25 6.25 g diced green onion
- 0.125 0.125 tsp turmeric
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.125 0.125 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted sesame oil, for cooking
- For serving:
- Vegan mayo
- Nasoya Spicy Kimchi
- 0.25 0.25 avocado, sliced
- Sliced red onion
- 1 1 whole grain or gluten free hamburger buns
Place mashed sweet potato and white beans into the bowl of a food processor with the blade attached. Blend until well-combined, and then transfer mixture to a large bowl.
Next add in panko bread crumbs, ginger, garlic powder, cilantro, green onion, turmeric, and cayenne. Generously season with salt and pepper, and mix with a spatula until ingredients are well-incorporated. Taste, adjust seasonings and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Use your hands to form four even patties about ½ inch thick. You’ll need to compact them with your hands so they stick together well. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. You can clean up a bit while the burgers sit.
Add sesame oil to a nonstick skillet or griddle and place over medium heat. Add each burger to the skillet and cook about 2-4 minutes, until golden brown, then carefully flip burger and cook another 2-4 minutes.
Remove from heat and transfer to buns or lettuce wraps, or serve as is. Finally, top each burger with Nasoya Spicy Kimchi, avocado slices, red onion.