Carrot & Coriander Vegan Sausages with Creamy Mash
These homemade vegan sausages served with creamy mash are perfect vegan comfort food. They’re well seasoned with sweet carrot, fresh coriander, and hot chilli to make them extra flavoursome and delicious.
As this vegan sausage recipe is ready to eat in under an hour it’s perfect for an easy vegan meal.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
This vegan sausage recipe is well balanced with carrot, coriander, and chilli bringing in some fresh and unexpected flavours. The addition of sweet carrot and coriander to this vegan sausage recipe makes these meat-free sausages satisfying in both their flavour and consistency.
There’s also plenty of texture from the peanut butter and breadcrumbs. Moreover, the crunchy peanut butter helps to bind the vegan sausages together.
If you are gluten-free, you could use gluten-free bread crumbs and flour for dusting to make this a gluten-free sausage and mash recipe.
We would recommend accompanying the carrot and coriander sausage and mash with steamed spring greens or spinach.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- For the vegan sausages:
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp olive oil
- 6.25 6.25 grams spring onions, chopped
- 0.25 0.25 garlic clove, chopped
- 0.125 0.125 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 0.25 0.25 tsp ground cumin
- 112.5 112.5 grams carrot, grated
- 0.125 0.125 tsp salt
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 6.25 6.25 grams finely chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 25 25 grams fresh brown vegan breadcrumbs
- plain flour, for dusting
- vegetable oil, for frying
- For the mash:
- 225 225 grams floury potatoes, chopped
- 0.75 0.75 Tbsp unsweetened soya milk
- 13.75 13.75 grams vegan margarine
- salt and pepper
- To make the sausages, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the spring onions, garlic, chilli and cumin for 2 minutes. Stir in the carrots and salt and mix well. Cover the pan and cook on a very low heat for 6–8 minutes, or until the carrot is tender.
- Transfer the carrot mixture to a large mixing bowl and mix in the peanut butter and coriander, ensuring that the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Allow the mixture to cool, and then mix in the breadcrumbs.
- On a floured surface, form the mixture into eight large sausages. Leave to chill in the refrigerator for up to an hour. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the sausages gently for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes, bring back to the boil and cook for 15–20 minutes, or until cooked through and fluffy. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the milk and vegan margarine and mash the mixture thoroughly until all lumps are removed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the mashed potato on warmed plates and top with the sausages. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Want something sweet for after dinner?
Don’t miss our favourite recipes for vegan cheesecake!