This vegan roasted vegetable tart is a treat for the eyes and the mouth!
Vegan roasted vegetable tart
Recipe by Zhoro Apostolov (www.topfoodfacts.com)
- One sheet of vegan puff pastry
- Ajvar (a Balkan spread made out of roasted aubergines and peppers with great spices) – if you can’t find just roast aubergines and peppers and mash them together – season with salt, pepper and fresh garlic
- 1 leek (chopped into rounds)
- 4 small sweet peppers (cut jardinière style )
- 2 medium-sized parsnips (cut jardinière style)
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop veggies and place peppers and parsnip on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Spread the ajvar on top of the pastry sheet, then place the leeks, peppers and parsnip on top.
- Sprinkle some sea salt, paprika and oregano on top and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Once cooked, decorate with the fresh thyme and serve.
This article contains affiliate links.
About the author
Cooking has always been Zhoro’s passion, and he has been working in the industry for almost 10 years. The last 5 years of his life, he’s spent in London. Now he is head chef in Golborne Deli, Notting Hill.