This vegan roasted vegetable tart is a treat for the eyes and the mouth!
Vegan roasted vegetable tart
Recipe by Zhoro Apostolov
- One sheet of vegan puff pastry
- Ajvar (a Balkan spread made out of roasted aubergines and peppers with great spices) – if you can’t find just roast aubergines and peppers and mash them together – season with salt, pepper and fresh garlic
- 1 leek (chopped into rounds)
- 4 small sweet peppers (cut jardinière style )
- 2 medium-sized parsnips (cut jardinière style)
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop veggies and place peppers and parsnip on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Spread the ajvar on top of the pastry sheet, then place the leeks, peppers and parsnip on top.
- Sprinkle some sea salt, paprika and oregano on top and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Once cooked, decorate with the fresh thyme and serve.