This warming vegan roasted pumpkin macaroni is the ultimate plant-based comfort food, and just the thing to keep you snuggly in this cold weather.
Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Macaroni
This warming vegan roasted pumpkin macaroni is the ultimate plant-based comfort food and is just the thing to keep you snuggly in this cold weather.
- 1 kg Pumpkin (substitute with Butternut Squash)
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 75 g Grated Vegan Parmesan (or 15g Nutritional yeast flakes)
- ½ tsp. Powered Garlic
- 1 tsp. Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp. Grated Nutmeg
- 300 ml Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus a little extra for oiling the squash)
- 1 Bunch of Sage
- 100 g Hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- 400 g Macaroni
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius
- Cut the squash in half length-ways and scoop out and discard the seeds. Score the flesh with a cross hatch pattern using a sharp knife, brush lightly with a little oil, season generously with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking tray flesh side down and cook in the oven for 50-60 mins or until completely soft all the way through, you can check this by piercing the flesh with a knife.
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions in seasoned water.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, scoop the flesh from the butternut leaving the skin behind and place in a blender or processor along with the lemon juice, vegan parmesan, powdered garlic, mustard powder, 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink and nutmeg.
- Heat the sauce through on the hob, adjusting the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining tbsp. of olive oil in a small pan over a medium heat and fry the sage leaves and hazelnuts until crispy.
- Mix the pasta into the sauce and spoon into bowls, top with the sage and hazelnuts to serve.
Roasted Pumpkin Macaroni
This article contains affiliate links.