Vegan Roasted Garlic Flatbread Pizza with Caramelised Onions
Roasted garlic and caramelised onions has to be one of the most mouth-watering combinations ever! This flavoursome vegan flatbread pizza is topped with both as well as artichoke hearts which is perfect for those craving a cheese-free pizza.
- 0.5 0.5 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 0.5 tsp vegan butter
- 0.25 0.25 large white onion (230 g), cut into thin strips
- 0.5 0.5 tsp maple syrup
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne powder
- 0.25 0.25 pre-made pizza dough (454 g)
- 12.5 12.5 g Follow Your Heart Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 6.5 6.5 g Follow Your Heart Shredded Parmesan
- 0.25 0.25 tsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- 22 22 g marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1.5 1.5 g baby arugula
- To caramelise onions, heat a sauté pan over medium-low heat and add olive oil and butter. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Add maple syrup, sea salt, and cayenne. Stir and cook about 10-15 more minutes, until very soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F or 240°C. Place a pizza stone in oven, if using.
- On a floured surface, roll in two long ovals, about 1 foot (30.48 cm) long. Brush evenly with Follow Your Heart Roasted Garlic Aioli. Top with caramelized onions, parmesan, lemon juice and zest.
- Bake on pizza stone or greased baking sheet for about 18-20 minutes, or until browned on bottom and slightly risen.
- Remove from heat and slice into uneven pieces. Top with artichoke hearts and arugula. Serve warm.