There’s nothing like biting into a delicious, chocolate coated coconut bar, and these lovely vegan bars have a delicious layer of raspberry added into the mix. Surprise everyone with the coconut bar they know and love, now with a fresh and tasty twist.
Vegan raspberry ‘Bounty’ bars
Recipe by Natvia (www.natvia.co.uk)
Serves: 10 | Prep time: 25 mins | Cook time: 4.5 hours
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Natvia sweetener
- ¾ cup raspberries
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 300g sugar-free dark chocolate
- Combine half of the desiccated coconut, half of the coconut cream, the vanilla and the Natvia in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined and the mixture sticks together when pinched between two fingers. Press into a baking paper lined 20cm loaf tin, smoothing the top. Place in the freezer.
- Combine the remaining desiccated coconut and coconut cream with the raspberries and half of the coconut oil in the food processor. Pulse until the mixture comes together, adding 1 extra tablespoon of coconut cream if necessary. Smooth on top of the coconut mixture and smooth the top. Freeze for 4 hours. Remove to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave until smooth, taking out to stir every 30 seconds. Stir through the remaining coconut oil until smooth.
- Remove the coconut and raspberry filling from the refrigerator and slice with a sharp knife into 10 rectangles. Dip into the melted chocolate and place on a piece of baking paper. Stand for 30 minutes until set. You can also keep in the freezer for a frozen treat.