This tasty vegan quiche with a crisp pastry crust and a deliciously cheesy leek and mushroom filling is the perfect picnic food for warmer weather.
Vegan Quiche with Leeks and Mushrooms
This tasty quiche with a crisp pastry crust and a deliciously cheesy leek and mushroom filling is the perfect picnic food for warmer weather.
For the quiche crust:
- 280 g all-purpose flour
- 120 g coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 120 ml water
For the filling:
- 200 g Violife Original Flavour Block (cut into small cubes)
- 100 g Violife Original Flavour Grated
- 250 g spinach leaves
- 2 large leeks (sliced)
- 200 g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 250 ml almond milk
- 80 g chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt, and sugar. Add coconut oil and pulse a few times until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together so you can easily shape it into a ball. Allow it to rest covered in the fridge.
- Place the dough on a flour dusted surface and roll into a circle with a rolling pin.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease a quiche pan and add the dough evenly. Prick the bottom with a fork and bake blind for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat some oil over medium heat and add the sliced leeks and mushrooms. Sauté for 2 minutes, add spinach leaves and sauté for 3 minutes more. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chickpea flour and milk, whisk together until well combined.
- Add oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place the sautéed veggies, and the Violife Original Flavour Block cubes into the baked quiche crust, pour the chickpea mixture over and then top with the Violife Original Flavour Grated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
This article contains affiliate links.