Vegan Pumpkin Bread
This vegan pumpkin bread is soft, sweet, and filled with traditional pumpkin spices
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Pumpkin bread is a great way to use up leftover pumpkin. It keeps well so it’s great for avoiding food waste, and it tastes amazing!
This soft, moist bread is bursting with autumnal flavours, and is a wonderful accompaniment to a pumpkin spiced latte.
It’s delicious as a plain pumpkin bread, but can be elevated by stirring through chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even chocolate chips before baking.
How to serve pumpkin bread
Pumpkin bread is perfect just the way it is, served in slices – and it’s a particularly special treat while still warm from the oven.
You can reheat your pumpkin bread in the oven to enjoy that freshly-baked feeling for the whole loaf. Just make sure you wrap the bread in foil to prevent it drying out.
You could also serve your bread lightly toasted, spread with dairy-free butter, or, top the cooled loaf with a simple water icing for an extra sweet treat.
How to store pumpkin bread
There’s no need to refrigerate this bake. Keep it in a cool, dry place in an air-tight container and it’ll keep for around 4 days.
To make your loaf last longer, you can freeze it. Slice it first and freeze the slices separately (you can use greaseproof paper to separate the slices) so you don’t have to defrost the whole loaf in one go.
*1 loaf = approx. 12 servings
Total Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 120 120 g plain flour
- 95 95 g wholemeal flour
- 220 220 g dark brown sugar
- 1 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.5 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 0.5 tsp allspice
- 0.25 0.25 tsp cloves
- 225 225 g cooked, pureed pumpkin
- 120 120 ml oil
- 3 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 3 Tbsp water
- 60 60 g pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease then flour a loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the pureed pumpkin, oil, maple syrup, and water.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until combined
- Fold in ¾ of the pumpkin seeds
- Pour into into the loaf tin and top with remaining pumpkin seeds
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is browned
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the tin.
Still have leftover pumpkin? Try one of these tasty vegan pumpkin recipes
Featured photo © AlexPro9500 via Getty Images