Vegan Potato Bake with Broccoli & Peanut Sauce
Eating caramelised potatoes on top of a rich filling is always satisfying. Our vegan potato bake recipe with broccoli and peanut will become one of your favourite vegan meals and a recipe that appears in your vegan family dinner recipes favourites.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
It may seem simple, but the best things often are! The combination of broccoli and peanut butter in this vegan potato bake recipe is delicious, not to mention packed with protein. Our vegan potato, broccoli and peanut bake recipe make a simple vegan meal that is comforting.
Cook’s Tip! You can easily make this vegan potato bake gluten-free by swapping the soy sauce for a gluten-free tamari.
This vegan dinner is easy to put together, and then you let the oven do the work. Leave the potato, broccoli and peanut vegan bake to cool for 5 minutes and serve with green beans.
Total Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 112.5 112.5 grams new potatoes, sliced
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.125 0.125 small onion, finely chopped
- 100 100 ml coconut milk
- 2 2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 0.5 tsp sugar
- 0.125 0.125 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 50 50 grams broccoli florets
- 15 15 grams unsalted peanuts
- 0.5 0.5 tsp melted vegan margarine
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes, bring back to the boil and cook for 8–10 minutes, or until slightly softened. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 2 minutes, then stir in the coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar and chilli flakes. Bring to the boil and stir well to ensure the ingredients are well combined. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli in a steamer and lightly steam for 4–5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Stir the broccoli and peanuts into the sauce, season to taste and transfer to a wide, square baking dish.
- Cover the mixture with the cooked potato slices, dot with the melted margarine and season with pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Looking for a side dish to accompany this vegan potato bake?
Try this chickpea and watercress salad with roasted tomatoes.