This deliciously sweet recipe made with vegan chocolate, popcorn and nut butter is the perfect indulgent snack. These moreish clusters make a great dessert or on-the-go snack – Enjoy!
Makes: 20 | Preparation Time: Approx. 30 minutes plus cooling
75g (approx) raw corn kernels
4-5 tbsp maple syrup
2-3 tbsp nut butter – you can use your favourite flavour
Few drops of natural vanilla extract
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
50g dairy-free dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 140ºC fan/160ºC/Gas 3. Line 2 baking trays with Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Baking Paper
- Place a single layer of corn kernels into the base of a pan. Turn on the heat to medium and pop a tight fitting lid on. Shake the pan occasionally to keep the kernels moving. Once they start to pop, reduce the heat to stop them from burning. Keep shaking the pan often until the popping subsides, then turn off the heat and leave for a minute to cool
- Scoop the popped corn out of the pan and into a large bowl, taking care to discard any un-popped kernels
- Heat the syrup in a small saucepan and bubble gently for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and beat in the nut butter, vanilla and cinnamon
- Pour the syrup and nut butter mixture over the corn and stir well to ensure it’s all coated. Use a big spoon to place heaps of the coated popcorn onto the trays, sticking them together into clusters. Bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden, then remove and leave to cool on the trays
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of hot (not boiling) water that is 5cm deep. Ensure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Allow the chocolate to melt for a few minutes
- Using a large spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the clusters then leave to set. Once the chocolate has set, the clusters will easily come off The Non-Stick Baking Paper
Why not try using different nut butters and try adding some raisins or chopped nuts too?
This article contains affiliate links.