Crunchy Vegan Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookie Recipe
These morish, crunchy vegan peanut butter sandwich cookies are packed with protein as they’re made from oats and peanut butter.
They’re a fun vegan baking recipe that the kids can help make, and they will be excited to shape the dough and fill them.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
These vegan peanut butter cookies are high in protein and a great reward with a glass of chilled soya milk after an exercise session.
They’re super simple to make as you simply mix the ingredients together to make the vegan cookie dough before shaping it with your hands.
Once the vegan cookie dough is mixed and cut into 24 pieces, bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool before adding the chunky peanut butter filling.
These vegan peanut butter sandwich cookies are fun to make but very hard to resist!
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- vegan egg replacer, equivalent to 1 egg
- 12.5 12.5 grams plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 0.083333333333333 0.083333333333333 tsp powder
- 9.5833333333333 9.5833333333333 grams oats
- 9.5833333333333 9.5833333333333 grams brown sugar
- 10.416666666667 10.416666666667 grams vegan margarine
- 9.5833333333333 9.5833333333333 grams crunchy peanut butter
- For the filling:
- 14.583333333333 14.583333333333 grams crunchy peanut butter
- 4.5833333333333 4.5833333333333 grams vegan icing sugar
- 4.5833333333333 4.5833333333333 grams cocoa powder
- 4.5833333333333 4.5833333333333 grams vegan margarine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Make up the egg replacer in a small bowl according to the packet instructions and beat it with a fork for a minute until bubbly.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl of an electric mixer.
Add the oats, sugar, margarine, egg replacer and peanut butter. Beat together on a slow speed for 2 minutes, or until the mixture comes together in clumps. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat with a fork.
- Turn the dough onto a floured board and pat it into a cylinder shape.
Use a sharp knife to divide it into 12 equal pieces, then cut each piece in half again to form 24 pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball so that they are no more than 1 cm/½ inch thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until just golden. Lift the baking paper to transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to firm up for 15 minutes before removing from the paper. Allow to cool completely before adding the filling.
- To make the filling, beat the peanut butter, icing sugar, cocoa and margarine together until they are thoroughly combined and the mixture is smooth. The easiest way to do this is to put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use a hand-held electric mixer, but you can also do it with a fork.
- When the cookies are cool, spread half of them generously with the chocolate peanut butter filling and sandwich together with the remaining cookies.
Got a craving for cookies?
Grab a glass of plant milk and get stuck into these mouth-watering vegan cookie recipes!