Caramel Peach Crumble Bars
These moreish vegan caramel peach crumble bars have juicy peach slices covered with sticky caramel sauce and a crunchy crumble base.
What’s more, these vegan peach crumble bars can be made gluten-free by simply using gluten-free oats.
These vegan slices will be a very popular contribution to a coffee morning as everyone will want a piece!
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
These vegan sweet treats are everything you want. They are buttery, moist, have a crunchy, oaty texture and the sweet peaches and caramel are the icing on the cake.
Canned peach slices make an elegant and professional-looking topping for these vegan peach crumble bars, but you can use fresh peaches instead – you’ll need around eight unwaxed peaches.
However, these vegan peach bars are a great way to use canned peaches, which you can have in the store cupboard.
Once they are cooled, cut and enjoy these vegan and gluten-free bakes with friends of coffee. If there are any left, refrigerate the rest in an airtight container and enjoy for up to 5 days.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 20 mins, plus standing
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- For the base:
- 13.888888888889 13.888888888889 grams vegan and gluten-free margarine, plus extra for greasing
- 13.888888888889 13.888888888889 grams brown sugar
- 16.666666666667 16.666666666667 grams gluten-free plain flour
- 11.111111111111 11.111111111111 grams gluten-free rolled oats
- 0.055555555555556 0.055555555555556 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- For the caramel peach topping:
- 3.0555555555556 3.0555555555556 grams gluten-free rolled oats
- 47.222222222222 47.222222222222 grams canned unwaxed peach slices
- 8.3333333333333 8.3333333333333 grams brown sugar
- 3.0555555555556 3.0555555555556 grams vegan and gluten-free margarine
- 0.16666666666667 0.16666666666667 Tbsp gluten-free soya cream
- 0.027777777777778 0.027777777777778 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 25- x 38-cm/10- x 15-inch baking tray and line with baking paper.
- To make the base, put the margarine and sugar into a large mixing bowl and cream them together using a fork. Stir in the flour, oats and baking powder and knead together with your hands until it forms a sticky dough. Set aside 150 g/5½ oz of the mixture to use in the topping.
- Transfer the rest of the mixture to the prepared baking tray and press it into a smooth layer covering the base of the tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Leave the oven on.
- To make the crumble topping, put the reserved mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the gluten-free oats. Use the tips of your fingers to rub the oats into the mixture. Scatter the mixture onto another baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp and golden, then leave to cool.
- Drain the peach slices then arrange them in overlapping rows over the cooled base.
- To make the caramel topping, put the sugar, margarine and soya cream into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly, to melt the ingredients together. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes, or until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Spoon the warm caramel over the peaches. Avoid putting caramel at the edges of the baking tray as this can make it difficult to get the bars out of the tin. Sprinkle the crispy crumble topping over the caramel and set aside for around 30 minutes until the caramel has cooled completely.
- Carefully lift the cooled mixture out of the baking tray, keeping the baking paper underneath it to support it, and place on a chopping board. Use a sharp knife to cut into 18 bars.
Got some peaches leftover from making your vegan peach crumble bars?
Use them in this peaches & cream vegan French toast recipe!