Vegan Panna Cotta with Rhubarb Compote Recipe
This vegan panna cotta with rhubarb compote is a deliciously dairy-free alternative to the classic Italian dessert.
If you’re not a rhubarb fan, you can use other seasonal fruit instead of rhubarb in this recipe and fruits such as strawberries, apricots or raspberries.
And as an added bonus, this recipe is low in calories and fat so you can feel guilt-free when you tuck in!
Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus chilling)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- The Panna Cotta
- 125 125 ml Good Hemp Milk
- 0.75 0.75 tsp Agar agar
- 6.25 6.25 g Caster sugar
- 0.25 0.25 Vanilla pod
- 0.25 0.25 tbsp Rum
- The rhubarb compote
- 87.5 87.5 g Rhubarb
- 12.5 12.5 g Caster sugar
- Add the agar agar and 3 tbsp water to a small bowl. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the Good Hemp Milk, sugar and rum to a pan. Split the vanilla pod in half, scrape out the seeds
using a spoon and add these to the pan, along with the split pod.
- Gently heat the mixture until it just reaches boiling point. Remove from the heat and stir in the agar agar mixture. Leave to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and divide between four ramekins. Cover with clingfilm and leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- For the compote, trim down the rhubarb to remove any woody parts and chop it into large chunks. Add the rhubarb, caster sugar and 150ml (5fl oz) water to a pan. Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and jammy.
- Turn out the panna cottas and serve with the compote.
Craving more deliciously tangy rhubarb desserts?
These rhubarb & custard tarts are simply divine …