Soy yoghurt makes the perfect replacement for cream cheese in this vegan Oreo cheesecake recipe as it gives it that slightly tart flavour you'd expect from a good baked cheesecake. You'll need to strain the yoghurt overnight before making this so be sure to start the day before you plan to eat this luscious dessert.
- 0.083333333333333 0.083333333333333 kg soya yoghurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 0.29166666666667 0.29166666666667 Tbsp rapeseed oil
- 10 10 ml soya milk
- 5.8333333333333 5.8333333333333 g corn flour
- 12.5 12.5 g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- For the base:
- 5 5 g vegan margarine
- 1.3333333333333 1.3333333333333 Oreo biscuits (plus 4 for decoration)
You will need a 24cm (9”) round cake tin which has been greased and lined to make this.
- Line a sieve with a clean tea towel and place it over a large bowl. Pour in the soya yoghurt and leave to drain overnight.
- To make the base, melt the margarine in a large bowl on medium in the microwave for 20-30 sec. crush the Oreo biscuits to a crumb and mix with the butter until combined.
- Tip into the prepared cake tin and press down gently to smooth the surface, chill in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the drained soya yoghurt into a bowl with the lemon juice, zest and rapeseed oil, mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl stir in the soya milk and cornflour until smooth, then mix in the sugar, salt and vanilla seeds. Finally, stir everything into the soya yoghurt and lemon mixture until smooth and creamy. Spread the mixture over the biscuit base.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 mins. Decorate with remaining Oreos when cool.
This article contains affiliate links.
Recipe made using the Steam Combination Microwave Oven NN-CS894SBPQ