Vegan Sesame, Fig and Orange Muffin Recipe
Start your day in style with these zesty and wholesome vegan orange muffins with sesame and figs. In fact, we think this vegan breakfast muffin recipe tastes particularly good enjoyed as breakfast in bed!
Our vegan muffin recipe uses figs which are a great source of calcium and potassium and help contribute towards a healthy vegan diet.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
This is our new favourite vegan muffin recipe for weekend breakfasts. The crunchy topping works perfectly with the roasted fig and gentle orange blossom flavour.
A batch of these on the weekend goes a long way, and you will be so appreciated, that you will be expected to bake more the following weekend. Enjoy!
A good vegan muffin recipe should be moist, fluffy, and bursting with flavour. These muffins tick all the boxes and, in addition, are crowned with yummy caramelised fig and sesame seeds and oats for a delightful vegan breakfast muffin.
To store the vegan muffins, line an airtight container with a paper towel and keep them at room temperature.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 30 30 grams self-raising flour
- 0.2 0.2 tsp baking powder
- 7.5 7.5 grams demerara sugar
- 0.1 0.1 orange, juice and zest
- 0.2 0.2 tsp orange flower water
- 7.5 7.5 ml oil
- 0.3 0.3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 0.1 0.1 Tbsp demerara sugar
- 0.2 0.2 Tbsp rolled oats
- 0.1 0.1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 0.5 0.5 small figs, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C. Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar together, and set aside.
- Whisk the orange juice and zest, orange flower water, oil and mashed bananas together, then stir this mixture briefly into the flour and sugar (it doesn’t matter if the mixture looks lumpy, it’s important not to overmix.)
- Transfer heaped tablespoons of mixture into each lined muffin cup, dividing the mixture equally between 10 paper cases.
- Briefly mix the sugar, oats and sesame seeds, and scatter this mixture over each muffin, topping with a halved fig. Transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes until the topping is crisp and caramelised.
- Let the muffins cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, before serving warm.
Fancy something savoury for breakfast?
Enjoy a satisfying and healthy vegan breakfast with our easy vegan breakfast burrito recipe.