Snuggling up with a cosy, comforting mug of vegan oat milk hot chocolate is one of life’s simple pleasures. This creamy cup is made using oat milk and is packed full of warming cinnamon and rich cacao powder.
Vegan oat milk hot chocolate
Serves 1 | Prep 2 mins | Cook 5 mins
- 250 ml (1 cup) of oat milk (I used Oatly Barista)
- 1 large Tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp of coconut sugar (adjust to your taste if you like it sweeter)
- (Optional) A dash of vanilla bean extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Food Heaven Heavenly Vegan Whipped Spray Cream (available at The VeganKind Supermarket)
- Coconut Syrup
- Raw chocolate shavings
- Heat the oat milk, cacao, vanilla and cinnamon on a low-medium heat, and stir until the cacao is well combined, and the mixture is warm, but not boiling hot.
- Keep stirring the mixture, and add the coconut sugar. Heat for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Top with vegan whipped soy cream, or a spoonful of whipped coconut cream, coconut syrup and some raw chocolate shavings for a truly decadent drink.
This article contains affiliate links.
Rachel is the Content and Digital Editor at Vegan Food & Living, and is on a mission to show people that adopting a vegan, plant-based lifestyle does not mean you have to give up eating delicious, decadent food. For more recipes, visit her blog Rawberry Fields, or say hello on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.