This vegan nut & seed pesto recipe is easy to make and is so tasty you will want to eat it with everything! It is made with Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds replacing the cheese used in traditional pesto. Serve it to your non-vegan mates, they won’t even notice! Dip with healthy crisps or enjoy over pasta, with potatoes or salad dishes.
Vegan nut & seed pesto
Recipe by Indigo Herbs www.indigo-herbs.co.uk. Your online apothecary and superfood cupboard.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 75g Brazil nuts
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Juice of half a large lemon
- 30g fresh basil
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan nutritional yeast flakes
- Firstly, put all the nuts and seeds into a high-powered blender or food processor and whizz into a rough powder.
- Next, tip into a large bowl and add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Then, use a hand blender to blend the mixture into a nice green paste. The fresh basil will release moisture to allow it to blend.
- If your blender is struggling add a bit more lemon or olives oil to help it blend.
- Once well combined, pour mixture into airtight jar and store in the fridge for up to a week.
This article contains affiliate links.