Mushroom Tofu Stir Fry
Stir fries are the perfect meal when you want something packed with veggies and flavour but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. This tasty tofu stir fry with mushrooms, peppers and a flavoursome sauce will be your new go-to midweek meal.
- For the sauce:
- 1 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1 crushed garlic cloves
- 0.5 0.5 thumb of ginger
- 0.5 0.5 red chilli
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- For the stir fry:
- 2 2 vitamin D enhanced mushrooms, sliced
- 0.25 0.25 red pepper, sliced
- 2 2 broccoli stalks, sliced
- 0.25 0.25 yellow pepper, sliced
- 0.25 0.25 block of firm tofu, cubed
- 175 175 g rice, cooked
- sesame seeds
- Whisk the sauce together in a bowl. Add half of it to a frying pan and fry the veg and tofu for 10 minutes until golden.
- Stir in the rest of the dressing and serve on top of the rice with sesame seeds and fresh lime juice.
In need of more inspiration? Check out these delicious vegan mushroom recipes