Vegan Maple & Pistachio Bundt Cake Recipe
This simple vegan pistachio bundt cake is delightfully nutty and sweet as it’s drizzled with a little maple syrup to make it extra decadent.
We think it’s simply wonderful served with vanilla ice cream for a tasty vegan dessert.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
The vegan bundt cake recipe cooks quickly because it is baked in a bundt pan, shaping it into a doughnut-like shape.
Bundt pans affect the cooking time because the pan has a larger surface area and distributes the heat more evenly and cooks more quickly.
That means that you can prepare and bake this cake in less than an hour!
Our vegan bundt cake is flavoured with pistachios which taste divine and are a great source of healthy fats, fibre, protein, antioxidants, and vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B6, and potassium.
But really, the main reason to make this vegan cake is it’s simply delicious!
Use the best quality maple syrup you can – the taste makes all the difference when it’s drizzled over this simple cake.
Total Time: 55 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 25 25 grams self-raising flour
- 14.583333333333 14.583333333333 grams granulated sugar
- 0.125 0.125 tsp baking powder
- 7.0833333333333 7.0833333333333 grams shelled pistachios
- 25 25 ml soya milk
- 10.416666666667 10.416666666667 ml rapeseed oil, plus extra for greasing
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- 0.083333333333333 0.083333333333333 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 24-cm/9½-inch bundt tin.
- Put the flour, sugar and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and stir together. Finely chop one third of the pistachios and set aside for decoration. Roughly chop the remaining pistachios and stir them into the dry ingredients.
- Put the soya milk into a measuring jug and add the oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for 30–35 minutes, or until firm and golden. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To decorate, transfer the cake to a serving plate, drizzle with maple syrup and scatter the reserved pistachios over the top.
Got some leftover pistachios?
Use them up in this spectacular vegan blueberry and pistachio pancake recipe!