Zoodles are perfect for light, fresh summer lunches, and the addition of sweet ginger sesame sauce and green tea are sure to give you a boost to keep you going all afternoon long.
Green Tea & Zucchini Noodles with a Sweet Ginger Sesame Sauce
- 1 packet green tea soba noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon BLOOM Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 2 tablespoon edamame beans
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 small courgettes (zucchini), julienned
- 1 fresh red chili
- lime wedges
- 400ml filtered water
- salt & fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Ginger Sesame Sauce:
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 – 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 – 2 teaspoons chilli flakes to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Parboil the green tea soba noodles for 2 minutes in a pan on a medium heat, then drain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix 400ml filtered water and 1/2 teaspoon BLOOM Matcha and bath the noodles in the Matcha ‘bath’ for 15 minutes.
- While the noodles soak in the Matcha bath, prepare your courgette noodles using either using a julienne tool or a spiralizer. Cut them into approximately 1/4 inch x 1 1/2 inch matchsticks pieces if you don’t have a julienne tool.
- Once noodles have soaked, drain well, return to pot they cooked in, add courgette noodles, coriander, edamame beans and about 3/4 of the sauce and toss well. Top with the remaining sauce, plus a sprinkling of sesame seeds, freshly chopped chilli rings and salt and pepper to taste. Add as much lime juice as you like – this gives the dish an added ‘zing’!