Spicy Red Lentil Balls
Crisp on the outside and soft in the middle, these vegan lentil balls are packed with flavour and protein. Serve with rice and a creamy coconut-milk sauce for an easy and delicious dinner.
- For the red lentil balls:
- 1 1 onion
- 1 1 garlic clove
- 3 3 Tbsp oil
- 150 150 g red lentils, raw
- 300 300 ml water
- 1 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 50 50 g oat flakes
- 1.5 1.5 Tbsp flour
- For the sauce:
- 200 200 ml light/low fat coconut milk
- 1 1 tsp Knorr Vegetable Granules ‘Reduced Salt’
- 300 300 ml water
- To serve:
- 1 1 lime
- Peel the onion and garlic and finely chop. Fry in 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add the lentils and curry and fry briefly.
- Add 300ml of water, bring to the boil and cover, cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes. Stir from time to time until all the liquid has evaporated. Let cool down. Stir in oat flakes and let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Make about 24 small balls from the lentil dough. Fry in a pan in 1 tbsp of oil for about 8 minutes, remove and keep warm.
- Dissolve the Knorr Reduced Salt Vegetable Granules in 300 ml boiling water. Allow to cool.
- Add remaining oil to the pan, add the flour and sauté for 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and water with Knorr Reduced Salt Vegetable Granules (from step 5). Stir in the spices. Serve the lentil balls in the sauce. Drizzle with lime juice.
In celebration of World Eat For Good Day (Friday 19th Feb, 2021), Knorr has developed a selection of recipes to encourage people to make simple food swaps to Future 50 Foods for a more sustainable planet.
Future 50 Foods is a list of foods developed by Knorr and WWF that we should all eat more of because they are naturally nutritious, have a lower impact on our planet than animal-based foods, and can help safeguard the future of our food.
For info on the whole campaign click on their dedicated site: knorreatforgood.com