This vegan Jerk curry is a Caribbean-inspired curry with loads of colourful veg that’s perfect served with cauliflower rice.
Vegan Jerk-style sweet potato curry with cauli rice
A Caribbean-inspired curry with loads of colourful veg that’s perfect served with cauliflower rice.
- 4 spray (s calorie-controlled cooking spray)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1- inch slice of root ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3 clove (s Garlic, roughly chopped)
- 2 individual chilli (green or red, Scotch Bonnet variety, halved and deseeded)
- 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 12 sprig (s fresh coriander, leaves and stalks separated)
- 4 medium spring onions (trimmed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp allspice
- 600 g raw sweet potato (peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces)
- Kidney Beans (cooked)
- 1 large can of kidney beans (drained)
- 2 medium red pepper (s, deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 can of reduced fat coconut milk
- ½ cube Vegetable stock (made with 300ml hot water)
- 1 medium lime
- 600 g Cauliflower (Raw)
- Mist a large saucepan or casserole pot with low calorie spray. Add the onion and cook for 8-10 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, place the ginger, garlic, scotch bonnet chillies, coriander stalks, spring onions and ground allspice in a mini food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Add this to the onions and cook for 3 minutes then add the sweet potatoes, kidney beans, red peppers, coconut milk and vegetable stock and season well.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes with a lid on, until the sweet potato is just cooked then remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes, until thickened slightly. In the meantime, mist a wide pan with low calorie spray over a medium heat and add the cauliflower rice and cook for 4-5 minutes, until just cooked.
- To make cauliflower rice, blitz the cauliflower in a food processor, then cook in a pan misted with cooking spray for 3-4 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir the coriander leaves through the curry then divide the cauliflower rice and curry between 4 plates.