Vegan jalapeño queso
You’d never know that this vegan queso dip is made with cashews and not cheese! This creamy, spicy nacho cheese-style vegan queso dip is perfect for dipping your chips in.
- 37.5 37.5 g cashews
- 0.5 0.5 jalapeños
- 0.5 0.5 tomatoes
- 0.125 0.125 white onion
- 5 5 g nutritional yeast
- half a large potato
- 7.5 7.5 g shredded carrots
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp chilli powder
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp cumin
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp garlic
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp sea salt
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 15 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Start by heating up a pan with water until it boils, add cashews and let simmer until the cashews are soft. Strain and set aside. Tip: you can also soak your cashews overnight with water, you just need them soft.
- In the meantime, set up your oven to broiler and roast your tomatoes, jalapeños and onions for about 20 minutes, until all the vegetables are charred.
- In a blender or food processor, mix your soft cashews, charred jalapeño, tomato and onions, nutritional yeast, 1/2 steamed potato, carrots, chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and almondmilk. Blend for about 10-15 minutes (or more) until a thick and creamy dip forms. Tip: It may take a while to blend everything together to make it a creamy queso like consistency, be patient!)
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour before serving with tortilla chips, pico de gallo and guacamole.