Gluten-Free Cauliflower Nuggets
These crisp gluten-free cauliflower nuggets glazed in a sweet orange sauce are absolutely delicious served with fragrant coconut rice.
Total Time: 50
Total Time: 50
- For the nuggets
- 46.75 46.75 g gluten-free flour
- 62.5 62.5 ml soy milk
- 31.25 31.25 ml water
- 15.5 15.5 g chickpea flour
- 3.75 3.75 g nutritional yeast
- 0.1875 0.1875 tsp salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 112.5 112.5 g cauliflower florets
- 22.5 22.5 g gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 15 15 ml Pure South Press Extra Virgin Macadamia Cold-Pressed Oil, to drizzle
- For the sauce
- 93.75 93.75 ml orange juice
- 16.75 16.75 g brown sugar
- 15 15 ml rice vinegar
- 15 15 ml water
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp Pure South Press Extra Virgin Macadamia Cold-Pressed Oil + extra to drizzle
- 7.5 7.5 ml soy sauce
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp corn flour
- 0.5 0.5 garlic (finely chopped)
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- For the coconut rice
- 50 50 g Jasmine rice
- 93.75 93.75 ml warm water
- 31.25 31.25 ml coconut milk
- 0.25 0.25 tsp cardamom seeds
- 0.125 0.125 tsp salt
- To serve:
- 0.5 0.5 spring onions (chopped)
- handful small basil leaves (optional)
- For the nuggets, preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the gluten-free flour, soy milk, water, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Dip each cauliflower floret into the batter and then into the breadcrumbs. Arrange the crumbed cauliflower on the baking tray. Drizzle the cauliflower with half of the Macadamia oil and bake 10 minutes. Turn the florets over and drizzle with the remaining oil. Bake for a further 10-12 minutes until crisp and golden.
- For the sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan and bring it up to a gentle simmer. Whisk continuously while cooking over low heat until slightly thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Brush the sauce generously over the baked nuggets and bake, 5 minutes.
- For the coconut rice, rinse the rice under running water. Combine it with the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring it up to a boil and then turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 15 minutes until tender. Cover with a lid and set aside to steam for 10 minutes.
- Serve the nuggets with the rice and sprinkle the spring onions and basil on top.
Note: If preferred, the crumbed nuggets can also be shallow fried in macadamia oil for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp. Brush with the sauce and bake 5 minutes at 180°C.