French Toast Pull-Apart Bread
This Vegan French Toast Pull-Apart Bread by Cotter Crunch is a delicious gluten-free breakfast treat! It’s easy to make, with no dairy or eggs needed. Plus, you can make it ahead and freeze it to serve later.
Total Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- Batter for French Toast
- 36.875 36.875 ml plant-based milk of choice
- 19.75 19.75 ml non dairy creamer (light coconut milk may be substituted)
- 6.5 6.5 g raw sugar or maple syrup
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 0.375 0.375 Tbsp ground chia seed
- 0.25 0.25 tsp flax meal (ground flax seed)
- 0.25 0.25 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.125 0.125 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.03125 0.03125 tsp kosher salt (fine)
- For the Pan
- 50 50 g gluten-free bread (10-12 slices)
- 19 19 g sliced strawberries or whole blueberries
- Icing/glaze (optional)
- 14.125 14.125 g maple syrup
- 9.375 9.375 g powdered sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 0.125 0.125 tsp lemon juice
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp melted vegan butter or refined coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a bread 8×4 bread pan or cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together batter; milk, cream, sugar, starch, chia, flax, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Let batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Cut/dice your bread into small pieces. Then soak the bread in batter bowl for 15 minutes.
- Mix in your berries then place the bread soaked batter into in lined pan. Add a few sliced berries or strawberries on top of the loaf.
- Place bread in oven on center rack and bake for 35–40 minutes or until top is golden and firm to touch. Let it cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- While the bread is baking, make the glaze. Combine ingredients together in small saucepan and cook on medium heat. Whisk until smooth. Reduce to low or set aside until ready to serve. Do not let glaze cool before serving.
- Remove and pour glaze on top on top of the bread before serving.
- If you bread loaf is not holding well with extra glaze on top, then place the loaf back in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Note: Size of bread– If are using small bread slices, you might need to add a few extra slices to batter. Total amount of bread will be anywhere between 390-400 grams.
Find the original recipe at www.cottercrunch.com/vegan-french-toast-pull-apart-bread