Classic Mint Mojito
Minty, zingy and super refreshing on a warm, sunny day. This classic cocktail is made with white rum, mint leaves, soda water and sugar. Serve with a fresh wedge of lime and slap the mint between your palms before adding them to the glass to bring out the fragrant oils without bruising the leaves.
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1 tsp sugar
- small handful of mint leaves, plus more to serve
- 60 60 ml white rum
- soda water, to taste
- Slap your mint leaves between your palms once, then add them to a small jug.
- Gently muddle the lime juice, sugar and mint leaves in a small jug, crushing the mint as you go. The end of a rolling pin works well for this.
- Pour into a tall glass and add a handful of ice.
- Pour in your rum and give it another stir with a spoon.
- Top up with soda water, garnish with mint and serve.
Image styled and photographed by Max Jowitt