Classic Espresso Martini
This classic espresso martini cocktail is made with vodka, freshly brewed espresso and coffee liqueur. Garnish with whole coffee beans and serve as an after-dinner treat.
- 50 50 ml vodka
- 25 25 ml freshly brewed espresso (or good quality instant espresso powder and hot water)
- 25 25 ml vegan coffee liqueur
- 2 2 coffee beans for garnish (optional)
- To make the sugar syrup, put the caster sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and add 50 ml of water. Bring to the boil.
- Once the sugar is completely dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Put 2 glasses in the freezer to chill.
- Once the sugar syrup is cold, pour 1 tbsp into a shaker with a handful of ice, vodka, espresso and coffee liqueur. Give it a really good shake, until the cocktail shaker feels ice cold.
- Strain into your chilled glasses and serve with coffee beans on the top.
Image styled and photographed by Max Jowitt