The combination of the double chocolate and the dates satisfy every sweet craving in these decadently moist and fudgy vegan brownies.
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 300 g brown rice flour
- 3 soft ripe bananas
- 70 g flax meal
- 9 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 240 ml almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 340 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180c/gas4 and line a brownie tin or deep cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a blender or food processor pulse the dates (make sure you remove the stones)
- Add the cocoa powder, brown rice flour and flax meal. Give them a really good mix until nice and smooth.
- At this point add all the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, and mix well until all the bananas are smooth too. Take a spatula and scoop the mixture into a bowl.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into a lined brownie or cake tin. Make sure you get all that gooey mixture out and into the tin! It’s too good to leave any behind!
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until your knife test runs clear. Enjoy!