Get ready to enjoy the most flavoursome Thai red curry of your life! Pineapple and lychees add such an interesting dimension to this wonderfully warming dish whilst tofu takes the place of meat to create a marvellously meat-free meal.
This gorgeous Thai Red Curry recipe from No Meat May and Kindness Cafe in Sydney is a tasty way for people to enjoy a delicious meat-free meal and take part in their 31-day meat-free challenge.
Wanting to cut meat from your diet but need a little helping hand? Sign up to the challenge to receive advice, tips and free recipes throughout the month of May.
- 200ml coconut milk ( or low-fat coconut milk )
- 1 Tbsp of red curry paste (Kindness Cafe blend)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Tofu (extra firm) cubed
- Green beans
- ½ cup pineapple cubed
- ½ cup lychees
- ¼ red pepper
- 2 Tbsp Thai red chilli
- 2 handfuls of Thai basil
- Heat up the coconut milk over med-high heat in a saucepan.
- Add curry paste and stir through for 3-5 minutes
- Add the kaffir lime leaves (roughly torn into small pieces) and stir through
- Add palm sugar and soy sauce, and if needed top up the coconut milk to bring to desired consistency
- Add chopped vegetables; carrot, broccoli, snowpeas, green beans
- Add tofu, pineapple & Lichees stir through and bring to a gentle simmer
- Add red pepper, chilli & basil and stir through
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil leaves, and
- Serve with cooked rice.