Vegan Savoury Vegetable Crumble Recipe
You might think of sweet, apple-filled desserts when you hear the word crumble, but crumbles can make great savoury dinners too!
Our savoury vegan crumble recipe is packed full of delicious golden vegetables and omega-rich walnuts for a wholesome vegan meal.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
This savoury vegetable crumble recipe is simple to prepare and bakes in the oven for an easy vegan dinner recipe.
Moreover, this vegetable crumble recipe is packed with vitamin A-rich golden carrots, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
Adding a delicious depth of flavour, the vegetable crumble is spiced with cinnamon and turmeric making it a tasty and healthy vegan meal.
Finally, the savoury crumble topping is made from a blend of oats and walnuts that give it a wonderful crunchy texture.
We like to serve this vegetable crumble with steamed broccoli and greens to compliment the richness of the crumble and spices.
If you haven’t tried a savoury vegetable crumble before, bookmark this to your vegan recipe ideas and enjoy a new family-favourite vegan meal.
Total Time: 55 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp olive oil
- 50 50 grams butternut squash, chopped
- 37.5 37.5 grams sweet potato, chopped
- 0.25 0.25 onion, chopped
- 0.25 0.25 carrots, sliced
- 0.25 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp turmeric
- 150 150 ml 1 pint vegan stock
- 17.5 17.5 grams baby corn, halved lengthways
- For the crumble topping:
- 17.5 17.5 grams vegan margarine
- 25 25 grams plain flour
- 17.5 17.5 grams walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 1 tbsp porridge oats
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Fry the butternut squash, sweet potato, onion and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and turmeric and cook for 2 more minutes. Pour in the stock, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Stir in the baby corn.
- To make the crumble topping, rub the margarine into the flour in a mixing bowl, until it forms a breadcrumb consistency. Stir in the walnuts and oats until mixed thoroughly then season to taste with salt and pepper
- Transfer the vegetables into a 20-cm/8-inch square baking dish. Top with the crumble mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until warmed through and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then serve immediately.
Looking for more comforting vegan dinners?
Try our reader-favourite Mushroom Bourguignon recipe!