Vegan Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos with Sriracha Lime Crema
Taco Tuesday anyone?! These fiery vegan tacos are filled with flavoursome marinated jackfruit that even meat-eaters will love making it the perfect recipe for a fun family meal.
- 0.25 0.25 cans (400 g) young jackfruit, drained and rinsed
- 0.125 0.125 Tbsp neutral tasting oil
- 0.0625 0.0625 brown onion (115 g), finely diced
- 0.125 0.125 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp sea salt
- 0.125 0.125 tsp chili powder
- 0.03125 0.03125 tsp cayenne powder
- 0.125 0.125 tsp dried oregano
- 0.0625 0.0625 tsp ground cumin
- 0.125 0.125 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 0.375 0.375 Tbsp brown sugar
- 21.875 21.875 ml natural cola (1/2 can)
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp lime juice
- 0.125 0.125 Tbsp lime juice, plus zest of ½ lime
- 0.375 0.375 Tbsp Sriracha Vegenaise
- 0.5 0.5 Tbsp Original Vegenaise
- 0.03125 0.03125 tsp sea salt
- 1 1 organic corn tortillas
- 0.125 0.125 avocado, diced
- 1.875 1.875 g coriander, roughly chopped
- 0.125 0.125 lime, cut into eighths (optional)
- Break apart jackfruit with hands, until it resembles a pulled pork texture. Set aside.
- Pre-heat a pan over medium heat and oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook about 3 minutes. Add jackfruit, sea salt, chili powder, cayenne, oregano, cumin, Worcestershire, brown sugar, cola, and lime juice. Stir well to incorporate.
- Cook for 10 minutes covered over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally and an additional 7-10 minutes uncovered, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile combine lime juice and zest, Sriracha Vegenaise, Original Vegenaise, and sea salt until uniform. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas on a warm skillet with no oil, until pliable. Fill with jackfruit mixture, and top with avocado, coriander, sriracha lime crema and garnish with lime wedge if desired.
This article contains affiliate links.