Quick & Easy Ginger & Miso Vegan Stir-Fry
Quick and easy vegan meals can also be tasty, and our quick and easy miso vegan stir-fry uses miso paste to enhance it with an umami flavour. Miso is a fermented paste rich in essential minerals. In our recipe, it is used to deepen the flavour of vegan stir fry.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
We’ve also used peppers, cabbage, carrot, chilli, onions and soya beans for our quick and easy miso vegan stir-fry, but you can take away or add other vegetables depending on what’s seasonal and what you and your household enjoy.
You can try using baby corn, green beans and broccoli. The umami flavour created by the miso paste works well with all these.
To serve the vegan stir-fry, you can choose between noodles and rice, as you want something to accompany our quick and easy ginger and miso vegan stir-fry that will absorb the yummy umami sauce.
- 0.5 0.5 tsp miso paste dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp tomato purée
- 1.25 1.25 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.5 0.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 0.5 0.5 green pepper, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 0.5 0.5 red pepper, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 0.125 0.125 white cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 0.5 0.5 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 0.5 0.5 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 25 25 grams green soya (edamame) beans
- 25 25 grams cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- rice or vegan noodles, to serve
- To make the sauce, mix together the warm miso and the tomato purée in a small bowl. Grate the ginger coarsely, then gather up the grated ginger and squeeze the juice into the miso mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil together in a large wok over a high heat. Stir-fry the peppers, cabbage, carrot, chilli, onions, soya beans and nuts for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the miso-ginger sauce and cook for a further minute.
- Serve immediately, with rice or noodles.
Looking for more vegan stir-fry recipes?
You need to try this black-pepper tofu stir-fry!