Creamy Leek, Pea & Spinach Risotto
Jazz up your risotto with leeks, peas and spinach for a healthy yet delicious evening meal.
Celebrate Plant Power Day with this fresh and flavoursome meal.
Total Time: 50
Total Time: 50
- 0.2 0.2 onion, finely chopped
- 0.4 0.4 leeks, finely sliced
- 60 60 g Arborio rice
- 100 100 ml Alpro Soya Unsweetened drink
- 140 140 ml vegetable stock
- 0.2 0.2 lemon, juice and zest, plus extra wedges to serve
- 20 20 spinach
- 40 40 g peas
- 10 10 g vegan parmesan, optional, plus extra to serve
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped to serve
- Put the stock into a medium saucepan and gently warm through, keep on a low heat until ready to use.
- In a large deep casserole, heat a glug of oil over a medium heat and add the onion and leeks. Gently fry for 10 minutes until soft and starting to turn translucent, season with salt and pepper. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the rice starts to turn clear.
- Turn the heat up and start slowly stirring in a ladle of stock at a time. Stirring with a wooden spoon constantly and letting the stock absorb into the rice. Once the stock has been added, slowly add the Alpro Soya Unsweetened drink. Keep cooking on a medium heat, stirring regularly until the rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, spinach and peas and season to taste. If using vegan parmesan, stir in the cheese now and garnish with the parsley, extra lemon wedges and Parmesan.