Vanilla Ice Cream
There's nothing boring about vanilla ice cream! Perfect served with fresh fruits or chocolate sauce, this vegan vanilla ice cream is so simple to make - no ice cream maker or continual stirring required.
In a time of restricted groceries, most people have a few cans of chickpeas knocking around the back of their cupboard. They’re not only for making hummus and adding to curry - they are also a key ingredient in these delicious sweet recipes.
- 45 45 ml aquafaba (if it's chilled for minimum four hours or even overnight, it whips better)
- 0.125 0.125 tsp lemon juice
- 0.375 0.375 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 50 50 g icing sugar
- 50 50 ml almond milk
- 12.5 12.5 ml vegetable oil
- Whisk the aquafaba and lemon juice in the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an electric whisk, for 6 minutes until it expands and forms stiff peaks (like meringue).
Tip: It’s done when you can turn the bowl upside down without the mixture sliding out.
- Add the vanilla, and beat for another minute.
- With a heaped tablespoon at a time, add the icing sugar to the aquafaba. Beat for a further 3 minutes.
- In a blender, whizz together the almond milk and vegetable oil until creamy (about 30 seconds).
- Using a spatula, fold this through the aquafaba until combined (try not to deflate the foam too much!). Pour into a container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
This article contains affiliate links.