These vegan salted caramel bounty bars are so easy to master, and they taste better homemade than they ever will out of a wrapper. Plus, this recipe is absolutely packed with whole, healthy and nourishing ingredients that taste oh so indulgent at the same time, making for the perfect guilt-free sweet treat.
- 200g of dark chocolate (I recommend Coco Chemistry’s 85%)
- 250g of desiccated coconut
- 4 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- Pinch of sea salt
- Start by making the coconut layer: Melt down the coconut oil together with the maple syrup in a pan.
- Gently pour the liquid into a bowl along with the desiccated coconut and thoroughly mix until everything is combined.
- Place the coconut mix into a lined baking tin, distributing evenly and flatten so it is tightly compact. Place in the freezer for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, make the salted caramel layer by blending the pitted medjool dates in a food processor on a high speed with around ¼ cup of warm water. Add the salt once the mixture is smooth and spread evenly on top of the coconut layer. Place back in the freezer for a further half an hour.
- Lastly, melt down the chocolate in a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water. Whilst this is happening, slice your bounty bars into squares using a sharp knife to ensure a smooth edge.
- Take a bar and dunk it gently into the chocolate, using a spoon to help cover the top. Once all your bars are covered, store in the fridge until ready to eat.