This vegan double chocolate ice-cream recipe is a huge hit with the kids! It’s creamy and has lots of chocolate bits inside. For an extra special treat, it can be served with layered honeycomb bits and chocolate sauce.
Vegan double chocolate ice-cream
This chocolate ice cream is a huge hit with the kids! It’s creamy and has lots of chocolate bits inside. For an extra special treat, it can be served with layered honeycomb bits and chocolate sauce.
- 50 g organic cashews
- 150 g organic mediool dates
- 1 tin organic coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 ml organic almond or coconut milk
- 25 g organic cacoa powder
- 80 g dark chocolate or shaved dark chocolate
- Place cashews in a heatproof bowl, cover in boiling water and soak for at least 30 minutes before completely draining.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, except the dark chocolate, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into freezer-proof container and freeze until solid.
- Spoon into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Chop or shave the dark chocolate and mix through ice-cream. Pour back into container and refreeze until set, then serve.
Recipe taken from Scrumplicious Sweet Treats cookbook by Stacey Forsey, available to purchase at www.staceyforsey.co.uk.