It’s the most luxurious and delicious of cheesecakes, but it’s also packed full of berries and superfoods to provide you with a wealth of nutritious benefits.
Vegan strawberry & lime superfood cheesecake
By Ludmila Macdonald from Blitz Patisserie. Photography by Tanya Jay
Serves 10 | Prep 30 mins plus freezing | Cook none | Calories 702 (per serving)
For the Base:
- 100g (3½oz) almonds – biotin, vitamin E
- 100g (3½oz) walnuts – vitamin E, zinc
- 50g (1¾oz) sunflower seeds – selenium, zinc, vitamin E
- 50g (1¾oz) pumpkin seed – zinc, iron, vitamin E
- 1 tbsp cashew or peanut butter
- 3-4 prunes – vitamins C, K
For the Lime layer:
- 200g (7oz) soaked cashews – zinc, iron, selenium, vitamins E, K
- 1 medium avocado – biotin, pantothenic acid
- 50g (1¾oz) spinach – iron, vitamin A
- juice of 3 limes – vitamins A, C
- 1 tbsp wheatgrass – iron, zinc, selenium, pantothenic acid, vitamins A, C, E, K
- 1 tbsp chlorella – iron, vitamins C, E
- 1 tbsp spirulina – selenium, zinc, vitamins A, C, D, E
- 60ml (2fl oz) maple syrup – iron, zinc
- ¼ tsp pink himalayan sea salt – iron, selenium, zinc
- 60ml (2fl oz) coconut oil – vitamins E, K
For the Strawberry layer:
- 200g-300g (7-10oz) soaked cashews
- 60ml (2fl oz) maple syrup
- 60ml (2fl oz) coconut oil
- 100g (3½oz) strawberries – biotin, vitamin C
- 2-3 tbsp beetroot juice – iron, vitamins A, C
- 1 tbsp acai powder – selenium, zinc, vitamins A, C, E
- For the base, put all the ingredients apart from the cashew butter into a food processor and process until well combined and no lumps. Add 1 tbsp cashew
or peanut butter to bind.
- Process well until the mixture sticks together. Add a drop of water if needed.
- Press into a 20-23cm (8-9in) lined cake tin.
- For the lime layer, put all the ingredients into a high power blender and blitz until the smooth consistency of cream filling is achieved.
- Pour over the base layer, even out and pop into the freezer for a few minutes while blending the next layer.
- For the strawberry layer, put all the ingredients into a blender and combine until smooth. (Acai powder is quite sweet, so put in less maple syrup at first and add more if required. The key is to get the right combination of sour and sweetness in this layer. If more tang is required, add some pomegranate juice as it’s naturally sour.)
- Pour over the green layer, even out and pop into the freezer for at least 4 hours. Decorate to taste.