Quick & Easy Vegan Berry Strudel
This quick and easy vegan berry strudel recipe means that you can put together a delicious hot vegan dessert quickly. Our vegan dessert makes for a heavenly vegan sweet treat at the end of your vegan Sunday dinner or just for any occasion because it’s so delicious.
We’ve made this vegan strudel with blueberries, but you can use your favourite berries such as raspberries or cherries if you’d prefer.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
It’s easy to buy ready-made vegan filo pastry nowadays, as most of the ready-made pastry is vegan, and as soon as you realise this, you buy some to store in the freezer for quick vegan dishes like our blueberry strudel.
You can serve the quick and easy vegan berry strudel hot or cold dusted with some icing sugar. If you choose to have the vegan strudel hot, it’s divine with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.
Surprisingly, this quick and easy vegan dessert is both delightful and high in nutrients. Blueberries are a good source of vitamin C, K, and manganese, and our strudel recipe is a great way to eat them.
There is very little preparation for this quick and easy vegan dessert. The blueberries are simply mixed with cornflour and sugar and rolled in the filo pastry, and then baked.
If you can’t get blueberries or they’re not in season, you can try other fruits – raspberries or blackberries work just as well. Stoned cherries also make a delightful filling for this vegan pastry.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 33.333333333333 33.333333333333 grams blueberries
- 0.16666666666667 0.16666666666667 Tbsp cornflour
- 16.666666666667 16.666666666667 grams caster sugar
- plain flour, for dusting
- 45 45 grams vegan filo pastry
- 8.3333333333333 8.3333333333333 grams vegan margarine
- melted and cooled icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the blueberries, cornflour and sugar.
- Place two sheets of filo pastry on a floured board, overlapping them slightly. Brush them with melted margarine and cover with two more sheets. Brush these with margarine and top with a further two sheets of pastry.
- Place the fruit mixture in a line close to one long edge of the pastry. Starting at that edge, carefully roll up the pastry, folding in the ends as you roll.
- Transfer the strudel to the prepared baking sheet, brush the surface with the remaining melted margarine and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving warm or cold.
Have you got an insatiable sweet tooth?
Indulge yourself with these mouth-watering vegan dessert recipes.