These double chocolate vegan Easter tarts are so decadent and rich nobody will ever guess that are completely raw and dairy free!
Vegan double chocolate tarts
Makes about 3- 4 tarts depending on the size.
For the base:
- ¾ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup of ground almond
- 3 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon of Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend
For the chocolate filling:
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk chilled in the fridge the night before (very important, please don’t skip)
- 70 g of good quality dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons of agave nectar
- A splash of vanilla extract
- About 30g of melted dark chocolate to drizzle on top
- Fresh berries of your choice
- Place the coconut flour, ground almonds and cacao powder in a food processor and blitz for a minute or so until everything is fully combined. Add the pitted dates, the Udo’s Choice Ultimate Oil Blend and blitz again until a sticky dough starts to form
- Grease the mini tart cases with a little coconut oil. Remove the mixture from the food processor and press it down evenly onto the cake tin with your fingers. Place the tarts in the freezer whilst you are making the filling.
- For the filling, firstly scoop out the solid part of the coconut milk which normally sits at the top of the tin. Top Tip – DON’T use the water, you only want to use the solid, creamy part. Pour this into a pan on a low heat, add the chopped dark chocolate and gently let it melt. Add the agave nectar and the vanilla essence.
- Remove the tarts from the freezer.
- Once the coconut milk and chocolate are all melted and combined, pour the mixture on top of base then place the tarts back in the freezer and let it set for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the tarts from the freezer half an hour before serving. Top Tip: To make it easier to pop the tarts out of the cases , simply hover them over a bowl of boiling water. Finally, drizzle them with some melted dark chocolate and decorate with fresh berries.
- Store the tarts in the freezer for up to 7 days.
This article contains affiliate links.