Crispy Tofu Bowl with Soy Lime Dressing
The combination of crispy smoked tofu, crunchy veggies and a zesty dressing makes for a vibrant and delicious dinner.
- 200 200 g brown basmati rice
- 400 400 g smoked tofu (drained well on kitchen paper)
- 2 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 200 200 g Tenderstem broccoli (halved)
- 150 150 g sugar snap peas
- 2 2 carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 2 Tbsp brown miso paste
- 2 2 Tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1 red chilli (thinly sliced)
- Black sesame seeds (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Simmer the rice in a medium saucepan over a high heat with plenty of water for 20-25 minutes until tender. Drain, return to the covered pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut the tofu into 1cm slices, and brush with the oil. Place onto a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, or until crisp at the edges.
- Blanch the broccoli and sugar snap peas in a pan of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, rinse in cold water, dry on a clean tea towel and mix with the carrots.
- Mix the miso, soy, maple syrup and lime juice together. Divide the rice between 4 large bowls. Top with the vegetables, tofu, chilli and sesame seeds. Serve drizzled with the dressing.