Vegan Corn Chowder Soup with Cashew Milk
Our vegan corn chowder recipe with cashew milk is creamy and high in iron, making it nutritious and delicious. It’s a satisfying bowl of soup for those days when you’re looking for a wholesome vegan lunch.
Want more vegan recipes? Try 3 issues of Vegan Food & Living magazine for just £3!
Soup is our go-to recipe when we want an easy vegan lunch that you can prepare quickly before lunchtime and serve. This vegan corn chowder recipe is easy to make and is ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
This vegan soup recipe can be blended to a consistency that you like. In our dairy-free corn chowder soup recipe, half the soup is blended to retain texture.
However, if you prefer a thinner or chunkier soup, you can adjust this or even add more vegetable stock to thin the soup out. Serve with salt, freshly ground pepper, a squeeze of lemon and some parsley to garnish.
Cashew nuts are a good source of iron, so adding them to this soup will give a boost to your day.
This smoky chowder is perfect to warm you up on a cold day. Leftover soup can be easily packed in a thermos for lunch the next day.
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 0.25 0.25 Tbsp olive oil
- 0.25 0.25 onion, finely chopped
- 0.75 0.75 sticks celery, finely chopped (100g)
- 0.75 0.75 cloves garlic, crushed
- 0.25 0.25 tsp smoked paprika
- 125 125 ml cashew milk
- 170 170 grams canned sweetcorn, drained
- 0.125 0.125 vegetable stock cube
- 6.25 6.25 grams flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 0.125 0.125 lemon, juice only
- Heat the olive oil in a large lidded saucepan on a medium heat, then add the onion, celery, garlic and smoked paprika. Stir, then cover and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes until the onion and celery have softened.
- Add the cashew milk, sweetcorn and crumbled vegetable stock cube, and bring to the boil. Simmer on a medium heat, partly covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove half the soup, and blend with a stick blender or in a food processor, then return to the pan with the remaining soup. Adjust the texture with a little vegetable stock if you prefer a less thick soup.
- Taste and season the soup with salt, pepper and the lemon juice as needed and serve hot, scattered with the flat leaf parsley.
Looking for more vegan soup recipes to add to your binder?
Our reader’s love this Coconut Sweet Potato Lentil Soup with Rice recipe.