You’ll be flying after one cup of this nut and dairy-free smoothie! As an added bonus, this smoothie is high in protein and fibre and will keep you energised from breakfast to lunch.
Vegan coffee smoothie
Serves 4 | Prep time – 20 mins, freezer time – 6 hours or overnight
- 600ml boiling water
- 4 tsp espresso coffee
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Coconut Oil, melted
- 1-2 Tbsp The Groovy Food Company Light Amber & Mild Agave Nectar
- 5 large bananas, sliced 1 inch cubes (frozen overnight in a freezer bag)
- 2 tsp. The Groovy Food Company Organic Coconut Flour
- 8 ice cubes (if you like it very cold)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Peel and cut the bananas into 1 inch cubes and place in freezer bags and freeze overnight.
- Dissolve the coffee in the water and leave to cool.
- Place the bananas in the blender with the coconut oil, coconut flour, coffee, cocoa powder and agave nectar and blend.
- Once you’ve reached the consistency that you like, put the ice cubes in the blender and continue blending until all combined together. If you like it very smooth, leave your blender running with for a little longer than normal.
- Pour into a glass and sprinkle cinnamon on top to serve.
This article contains affiliate links.